Friday 24 April 2009

stepping out in St Jean de Luz

Today the girls of St Jean de Luz quite literally wiped the floor with me. After four months of flamenco lessons we were promoted to the upper class, it's a little like the transition from kindergarten to university. From having plenty of time to remember each step we were thrust fast forward to full-on flamenco fury. Besides dancing dangerously I had to attempt to retain a modicom of respect. Although the lovely ladies of St Jean de Luz were incredibly tolerant, that modicom disappeared before I had completed the first sevillana. Flailing arms, heavy feet and too much attention on holding my stomach in were largely the causes of my downfall. Despite Fabienne's excellent tuition, this is not easy.

[We are taking a trip to London next week so from Monday the blog will be mobile]

Basque of the day:- step :: urrats