Wednesday 18 February 2009

il buono, il brutto, il cattivo

This morning I saw my first glimpse of St Jean de Luz' underbelly. Out walking last night I noted a group of kids huddled in a park. The sound of a spray paint being used hissed forth and sure enough scrawled on the pavement this morning in bright red letters were E, T and A. It beggers belief. The town is so beautiful offering so much and the Basque country is one of the most stunning regions I have ever seen. Why do teenagers feel the need to a] deface beauty and b] write something they can't even begin to understand.I cheered myself up this afternoon by entertaining a couple of ladies from my Flamenco class. We were sneaking in a little extra practice. Saturday sees our first public dance and we want to ensure we impress accordingly. After today I am sure we shall.

Basque of the day:- confidence :: ziurtasun