Saturday 14 February 2009

solo Valentine

My wife is still in London having fun while I'm left to look after the cat in sunny St Jean de Luz. It's a tough job but somebody has to do it. Saint Valentines Day is a far less commercial affair in France compared to other countries. While couples do favour a romantic soirée pour deux, there is less emphasis on buying presents and giving flowers. I'm sure French ladies would appreciate such gifts but Frenchmen would argue that they are romantic every day of the year. I agree with this sentiment, if you love someone why only show it one night of the year? Probably I am just jealous of those enjoying the company of others this evening, including my wife who is invariably at some party or other. Dîner pour un encore.

Basque of the day:- alone :: bakarrik