Friday 29 May 2009

beach time in St Jean de Luz

The hottest day of the year so far in St Jean de Luz. Appropriately I spent it on the beach with my wife and fake-daughter, Charlotte. Although it was a work day, a school day and not a special day in any way other than being decidely sunny, the beach was jammed with people. I think this weekend will be incredibly busy which is good news for the town. The weather forecast is excellent.

We had our final Flamenco class before this weekend's Festival Andalou. Thankfully, after two hours non-stop sweating and swearing I think we have it cracked. Our class even gave us a standing ovation which was very sweet. I hope we feel as confident when we come to dance in public tomorrow. Fabiana is a superstar teacher and she will be showing of her considerable talent alongside Antonio Najarro, the best Flemenco dancer on the planet.

Basque of the day:- confident :: buru-lasai