Friday 15 May 2009

that Friday feeling in St Jean de Luz

It was a grim day when we awoke. Made grimmer by the prospect of a long to-do list. By noon we had completed most of the more urgent action points and the clouds had worn themselves out so we retired to the terrace for a spot of flamenco practice. Our last class was almost three weeks ago and we have had little time to practice since, such is the hectic life of us Luziens.

Fabienne was not impressed. Normally she is strict with me, today she made me pay for my errant ways. The merest arm out of alignment or delayed foot movement was lambasted by forked tongue. I know she is only doing so in jest but she has spent so much time working with us that I was obliged to feel rightly guilty. The weekend 30/31 May presents the Andalucian Festival in St Jean de Luz with flamenco, sangria and tapas galore. It is expected that from dawn till dusk, and for several hours thereafter, we partake in abundant bouts of frenetic dancing. It all seemed like such a good idea a couple of months ago, with the prospect of dancing in public looming imminently I am now less certain.

Basque of the day:- humility :: apaltasun