Wednesday 21 January 2009

a mixed bag

Imagine waking up this morning and thinking, weird dream, then realising that against all historical odds you are in fact president of the US. I think I'd want pancakes for breakfast.

Our friends Glenn and Elizabeth arrive from Canterbury today. They are both professors and frustratingly intelligent which means I will really have to try and up my conversation for the duration of their stay. Maria is already there or there abouts.

We had a dozen type of weather today: rain, wind, snow, sleet, hail, sun, fog, drizzle, gales, thunder, lightening and blustery. More interestingly Belharra is beginning to get angrier. A local surfer told me that it is at its biggest around March and at the moment it's only 25 metres. I shrugged my shoulders and grunted in a suitably French manner agreeing that this was only a small wave and not impressive in the slightest.

Basque of the day:- weather :: eguraldi